Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 2 Vocabulary Definitions & Examples

1. Technical (adj) -
Ex. The technical directions to install my computer were too complicated for me to follow.
1.
belonging or pertaining to an art, science, or the like: technical skill.
2.
peculiar to or characteristic of a particular art, science, profession, trade, etc.: technical details.
3.
using terminology or treating subject matter in a manner peculiar to a particular field, as a writer or a book: a technical report.

2. Sufficient (adj) -
Ex. I am not hungry yet because I ate a sufficient breakfast this morning.
1.
adequate for the purpose; enough: sufficient proof; sufficient protection.
2.
Logic . (of a condition) such that its existence leads to the occurrence of a given event or the existence of a given thing. Compare necessary.

3. Proficient (adj) -
Ex. I am not very good at drawing, but I am very proficient at language arts
1.
well-advanced or competent in any art, science, or subject; skilled

No comments:

Post a Comment